The central database is our main project. We compile and then republish data in order to provide access to information on the Spanish Civil War and the Franco Regime, with particular regard to victims of repression and reprisal. We also publish articles about the Spanish Second Republic, the Spanish Civil War and Francoist Spain. Our goals are to defend and promote the right of access to information and to archives, as well as to publicise the importance of archives and of historical research.
- New search engine for birthplaceSuscríbete a nuestra newsletter / boletín de noticias aquí para conocer nuestras novedades. Si este … Continue reading New search engine for birthplace
- The making of the Ministry of Education recordsLa base de datos de los expedientes del Archivo del Ministerio de Educación que incorporamos … Continue reading The making of the Ministry of Education records
- Correction: Ministry of Education dataIn our work we value highly the accuracy of information and therefore we consider it … Continue reading Correction: Ministry of Education data
- New search engineUno de los logros del mundo digital es que la ciudadanía podemos agregar nuestra propia … Continue reading New search engine
- “Prison of Women” by Tomasa CuevasIn a blogpost in 2019 we reviewed Tomasa Cuevas’s book Carcel de Mujeres 1939-1945. We … Continue reading “Prison of Women” by Tomasa Cuevas
- The Devout and the Displaced: A new History of the International BrigadesDuring the Civil War thousands of people from other countries volunteered to fight for the … Continue reading The Devout and the Displaced: A new History of the International Brigades
Access to information Aragon Archives Balearic Islands Bombing Catalonia Database Death or disappearance Education Exile Francoist Spain Imprisonment La Rioja Military Justice Nazi camps Presentations Purging Review Second Spanish Republic Spanish Civil War United Kingdom Valley of the Fallen Women
Photo: A group of women in the Cemetery in Lleida, where they went to identify their relatives killed during the bombing of the city, by Agustí Centelles. Lleida, 3 November 1937. Reproducida bajo licencia. ESPAÑA. MINISTERIO DE EDUCACIÓN, CULTURA Y DEPORTE, Centro Documental de la Memoria Histórica, ARCHIVO CENTELLES, FOTO 2806.