The central database is our main project. We compile and then republish data in order to provide access to information on the Spanish Civil War and the Franco Regime, with particular regard to victims of repression and reprisal. We also publish articles about the Spanish Second Republic, the Spanish Civil War and Francoist Spain. Our goals are to defend and promote the right of access to information and to archives, as well as to publicise the importance of archives and of historical research.
- 485,136 military proceedings opened against so-called «reds»: the big data of the repressionAt the not-for-profit organisation Innovation and Human Rights we think that access to information is … Continue reading 485,136 military proceedings opened against so-called «reds»: the big data of the repression
- Human Rights, the case of La Rioja: the database continues to growOur database has recently grown with the addition of a dataset which is very special … Continue reading Human Rights, the case of La Rioja: the database continues to grow
- Neus Català in Ravensbrück – and who else?As a means of paying homage to Neus Català, we are including in the ihr.world … Continue reading Neus Català in Ravensbrück – and who else?
- The Burgos Showtrial of 1970The court martial of sixteen alleged members of ETA in Burgos in December 1970 provoked … Continue reading The Burgos Showtrial of 1970
- The red DuchessDuring the Civil War the Spanish Republic received support from many people in other countries. … Continue reading The red Duchess
- In Spain there is no such thing as a single “General Archive of the Civil War (or a need for one) (Part 2)Henar Alonso @henararch – Archivist (Técnica Facultativa Superior de Archivos). Ministry of Defence. This article is a … Continue reading In Spain there is no such thing as a single “General Archive of the Civil War (or a need for one) (Part 2)
Access to information Aragon Archives Balearic Islands Catalonia Database Death or disappearance Exile Francoist Spain Imprisonment La Rioja Military Justice Nazi camps Presentations Review Second Spanish Republic Spanish Civil War United Kingdom Valley of the Fallen Women
Photo: A group of women in the Cemetery in Lleida, where they went to identify their relatives killed during the bombing of the city, by Agustí Centelles. Lleida, 3 November 1937. Reproducida bajo licencia. ESPAÑA. MINISTERIO DE EDUCACIÓN, CULTURA Y DEPORTE, Centro Documental de la Memoria Histórica, ARCHIVO CENTELLES, FOTO 2806.