The central database is our main project. We compile and then republish data in order to provide access to information on the Spanish Civil War and the Franco Regime, with particular regard to victims of repression and reprisal. We also publish articles about the Spanish Second Republic, the Spanish Civil War and Francoist Spain. Innovación y Derechos Humanos (Innovation and Human Rights) is a non-profit organization. Our goals are to defend and promote the right of access to information and to archives, as well as to publicise the importance of archives and of historical research.
Try searching here too
- International POUM volunteers in the Spanish Civil WarIn a previous article we reviewed The International Brigades: Fascism, Freedom and the Spanish Civil … Read more
- New search engine for birthplaceSuscríbete a nuestra newsletter / boletín de noticias aquí para conocer nuestras novedades. Si este … Read more
- The making of the Ministry of Education recordsIf you read this article and find it useful please consider making a donation to … Read more
- The road to the Coup of September 1923: Social Conflict in BarcelonaJust before midnight on 12 September 1923 Gen. Miguel Primo de Rivera, Captain-General of Catalonia, … Read more
- Tossa de Mar in Peace and War 1935-1939In 1935 a British couple Nancy and Archie Johnstone opened a hotel on the Catalan … Read more
- The San Pedro de Cardeña concentration campBetween 1936 and 1947 almost half a million people were detained in 188 Francoist concentration … Read more
Access to information Alfonso XIII Aragon Archives Asturias Balearic Islands Bombing Catalonia Database Death or disappearance Education Exile Francoist Spain Imprisonment La Rioja Military Justice Nazi camps Presentations Purging Review Second Spanish Republic Spanish Civil War United Kingdom Valley of the Fallen Women
Photo: A group of women in the Cemetery in Lleida, where they went to identify their relatives killed during the bombing of the city, by Agustí Centelles. Lleida, 3 November 1937. Reproducida bajo licencia. ESPAÑA. MINISTERIO DE EDUCACIÓN, CULTURA Y DEPORTE, Centro Documental de la Memoria Histórica, ARCHIVO CENTELLES, FOTO 2806.