The central database is our main project. We compile and then republish data in order to provide access to information on the Spanish Civil War and the Franco Regime, with particular regard to victims of repression and reprisal. We also publish articles about the Spanish Second Republic, the Spanish Civil War and Francoist Spain. Innovación y Derechos Humanos (Innovation and Human Rights) is a non-profit organization. Our goals are to defend and promote the right of access to information and to archives, as well as to publicise the importance of archives and of historical research.
Try searching here too
- International POUM volunteers in the Spanish Civil WarIn a previous article we reviewed The International Brigades: Fascism, Freedom and the Spanish Civil … Continue reading International POUM volunteers in the Spanish Civil War
- New search engine for birthplaceSuscríbete a nuestra newsletter / boletín de noticias aquí para conocer nuestras novedades. Si este … Continue reading New search engine for birthplace
- The making of the Ministry of Education recordsIf you read this article and find it useful please consider making a donation to … Continue reading The making of the Ministry of Education records
- The San Pedro de Cardeña concentration campBetween 1936 and 1947 almost half a million people were detained in 188 Francoist concentration … Continue reading The San Pedro de Cardeña concentration camp
- Hay una luz en Asturias: The Asturian Miners Strike of 1962Sixty years ago, in April-May 1962, a strike in the coalfields of Asturias which spread … Continue reading Hay una luz en Asturias: The Asturian Miners Strike of 1962
- Memories of Spain in the 1930sIn a previous article [Memoirs of the War & Post-War by female writers] we discussed … Continue reading Memories of Spain in the 1930s
Access to information Aragon Archives Balearic Islands Bombing Catalonia Database Death or disappearance Education Exile Francoist Spain Imprisonment La Rioja Military Justice Nazi camps Presentations Purging Review Second Spanish Republic Spanish Civil War United Kingdom Valley of the Fallen Women
Photo: A group of women in the Cemetery in Lleida, where they went to identify their relatives killed during the bombing of the city, by Agustí Centelles. Lleida, 3 November 1937. Reproducida bajo licencia. ESPAÑA. MINISTERIO DE EDUCACIÓN, CULTURA Y DEPORTE, Centro Documental de la Memoria Histórica, ARCHIVO CENTELLES, FOTO 2806.