The central database is our main project. We compile and then republish data in order to provide access to information on the Spanish Civil War and the Franco Regime, with particular regard to victims of repression and reprisal. We also publish articles about the Spanish Second Republic, the Spanish Civil War and Francoist Spain. Innovación y Derechos Humanos (Innovation and Human Rights) is a non-profit organization. Our goals are to defend and promote the right of access to information and to archives, as well as to publicise the importance of archives and of historical research.
Try searching here too
- The Stanbrook: The Last Ship Out of AlicanteWe have for the first time included data relating to some of the many people … Continue reading The Stanbrook: The Last Ship Out of Alicante
- International POUM volunteers in the Spanish Civil WarIn a previous article we reviewed The International Brigades: Fascism, Freedom and the Spanish Civil … Continue reading International POUM volunteers in the Spanish Civil War
- The Bodies in the Valle de los Caídos: An Analysis of their Origins By MunicipalityText: Concha Catalán / Laura Cuesta. Data and maps: Alejandro Zappala. With the assistance of … Continue reading The Bodies in the Valle de los Caídos: An Analysis of their Origins By Municipality
- Republican Exile: An IntroductionSeven years after the founding of ihr.world in 2016, our database has grown to include … Continue reading Republican Exile: An Introduction
- The road to the Coup of September 1923: Social Conflict in BarcelonaJust before midnight on 12 September 1923 Gen. Miguel Primo de Rivera, Captain-General of Catalonia, … Continue reading The road to the Coup of September 1923: Social Conflict in Barcelona
- Tossa de Mar in Peace and War 1935-1939In 1935 a British couple Nancy and Archie Johnstone opened a hotel on the Catalan … Continue reading Tossa de Mar in Peace and War 1935-1939
Access to information Alfonso XIII Aragon Archives Asturias Balearic Islands Bombing Catalonia Database Death or disappearance Education Exile Francoist Spain Imprisonment La Rioja Military Justice Nazi camps Presentations Purging Review Second Spanish Republic Spanish Civil War United Kingdom Valley of the Fallen Women
Mantenemos una base de datos con 1,4 millones de registros de la Guerra Civil y el franquismo. Suscribete a nuestro boletín de noticias aquí y considera la posibilidad de hacer una donación aquí. ¡Gracias!
Photo: Refugees entering the Bram concentration camp (France) through the avenue that separated two sections of it, by Agustí Centelles. Bram, 1939. Reproducida bajo licencia. ESPAÑA. MINISTERIO DE EDUCACIÓN, CULTURA Y DEPORTE, Centro Documental de la Memoria Histórica, ARCHIVO CENTELLES, FOTO 2806.