The central database is our main project. We compile and then republish data in order to provide access to information on the Spanish Civil War and the Franco Regime, with particular regard to victims of repression and reprisal. We also publish articles about the Spanish Second Republic, the Spanish Civil War and Francoist Spain. Our goals are to defend and promote the right of access to information and to archives, as well as to publicise the importance of archives and of historical research.
- Data on the Francoist Purge of the Teaching Profession – our database now has over one million case filesIf you read this article and find it useful please consider making a donation to … Continue reading Data on the Francoist Purge of the Teaching Profession – our database now has over one million case files
- 485,136 military proceedings opened against so-called «reds»: the big data of the repressionAt the not-for-profit organisation Innovation and Human Rights we think that access to information is … Continue reading 485,136 military proceedings opened against so-called «reds»: the big data of the repression
- Human Rights, the case of La Rioja: the database continues to growOur database has recently grown with the addition of a dataset which is very special … Continue reading Human Rights, the case of La Rioja: the database continues to grow
- The Devout and the Displaced: A new History of the International BrigadesDuring the Civil War thousands of people from other countries volunteered to fight for the … Continue reading The Devout and the Displaced: A new History of the International Brigades
- The Burgos Showtrial of 1970The court martial of sixteen alleged members of ETA in Burgos in December 1970 provoked … Continue reading The Burgos Showtrial of 1970
- Barcelona: 800 Days under the BombsTuesday 10 November – At a quarter past ten at night feelings of alarm spread … Continue reading Barcelona: 800 Days under the Bombs
Access to information Aragon Archives Balearic Islands Bombing Catalonia Database Death or disappearance Education Exile Francoist Spain Imprisonment La Rioja Military Justice Nazi camps Presentations Purging Review Second Spanish Republic Spanish Civil War United Kingdom Valley of the Fallen Women
Photo: A group of women in the Cemetery in Lleida, where they went to identify their relatives killed during the bombing of the city, by Agustí Centelles. Lleida, 3 November 1937. Reproducida bajo licencia. ESPAÑA. MINISTERIO DE EDUCACIÓN, CULTURA Y DEPORTE, Centro Documental de la Memoria Histórica, ARCHIVO CENTELLES, FOTO 2806.