The central database is our main project. We compile and then republish data in order to provide access to information on the Spanish Civil War and the Franco Regime, with particular regard to victims of repression and reprisal. We also publish articles about the Spanish Second Republic, the Spanish Civil War and Francoist Spain. Our goals are to defend and promote the right of access to information and to archives, as well as to publicise the importance of archives and of historical research.
- The making of the Ministry of Education recordsLa base de datos de los expedientes del Archivo del Ministerio de Educación que incorporamos … Continue reading The making of the Ministry of Education records
- Correction: Ministry of Education dataIn our work we value highly the accuracy of information and therefore we consider it … Continue reading Correction: Ministry of Education data
- Data from the Ministry of Education – our database now has over one million case filesIf you read this article and find it useful please consider making a donation to … Continue reading Data from the Ministry of Education – our database now has over one million case files
- The Devout and the Displaced: A new History of the International BrigadesDuring the Civil War thousands of people from other countries volunteered to fight for the … Continue reading The Devout and the Displaced: A new History of the International Brigades
- The Atocha Massacre: 44 Years AfterOn 24 January 1977 three extreme-right terrorists stormed into the offices of labour lawyers working … Continue reading The Atocha Massacre: 44 Years After
- The Burgos Showtrial of 1970The court martial of sixteen alleged members of ETA in Burgos in December 1970 provoked … Continue reading The Burgos Showtrial of 1970
Access to information Aragon Archives Balearic Islands Bombing Catalonia Database Death or disappearance Education Exile Francoist Spain Imprisonment La Rioja Military Justice Nazi camps Presentations Purging Review Second Spanish Republic Spanish Civil War United Kingdom Valley of the Fallen Women
Photo: A group of women in the Cemetery in Lleida, where they went to identify their relatives killed during the bombing of the city, by Agustí Centelles. Lleida, 3 November 1937. Reproducida bajo licencia. ESPAÑA. MINISTERIO DE EDUCACIÓN, CULTURA Y DEPORTE, Centro Documental de la Memoria Histórica, ARCHIVO CENTELLES, FOTO 2806.